International Bar Association Conference
The IBA’s purpose is to exchange knowledge, discuss issues impacting cross-border law and create legal services in international trade. But to do this successfully, they needed the support and global connectivity of a city with an excellent legal industry. Sydney was the ideal choice, not just for its legal reputation, but also its location and natural capacity to inspire progress.
- The conference was hosted at International Convention Centre Sydney – Australia’s premier global meeting venue
- Official events were also held at both the University of Sydney and the city’s law courts
- A spectacular conference opening at the 1950s-themed Luna Park – with views of Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House
- Holding the conference in Sydney provided IBA with access to the Asia Pacific Region – a significant leader in global thinking and debate
- Delegates were able to immerse themselves in what Sydney had to offer, both culturally and professionally.
SUCCESS BY NUMBERS
- More than 4,000 delegates from over 100 countries
- 200 sessions with more than 1,200 speakers
- 83% of delegates were exposed to cutting-edge knowledge
- 78% of delegates were exposed to new ideas
- Uniting a global network of more than 80,000 lawyers and 190 bar associations from 160 countries.
"Holding the event in Sydney was a combination of a very strong bid that emphasised the strength and openness of the local profession, and the connectivity of the profession to Asia and internationally" Stephen Macliver, Chairman of the Sydney Host Committee.
"We had enormous support from Business Events Sydney from the very beginning of the process. They were really keen to understand what we wanted and helped us maximise the experience for our delegates" Tim Hughes, Deputy Executive Director, IBA.
Ultimately, it was the strength and scope of BESydney’s global network of partners that played a key role in helping IBA host such a large and successful meeting. Our job is to understand your needs and get results. And, from start to finish, help you generate a legacy that’s felt around the world.