David Gonski AC delivered the second ‘Australian Oration’ on the Community Discontent with Big Business with high profile Business Events Sydney (BESydney) Ambassadors announced at a gala dinner at Four Points by Sheraton.
The new Ambassadors are:
- Moya Dodd, Partner, Gilbert + Tobin
- Professor S. Bruce Dowton, President and Vice-Chancellor, Macquarie University
- Professor Robert M. Graham AO, Executive Director, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute
- Cassandra Kelly, Chair and co-founder, Pottinger
- Alex Malley, Chief Executive, CPA Australia
- Professor Carolyn McGregor AM, Canada Research Chair in Health Informatics, University of Ontario
- Michael Rose AM, Chairman, Committee for Sydney
- Professor David Sinclair, Geneticist, Harvard Medical School
- Dr Michael Spence, Vice-Chancellor and Principal, University of Sydney
- Karen Stocks, Board Member, Netball Australia
- Professor Mary-Anne Williams, Director of Disruptive Innovation, University of Technology Sydney
Ambassadors use their global network and expertise to help BESydney secure multi-million dollar international events for Australia. From university vice-chancellors to leading scientists and surgeons, artists and prominent business people, they generously volunteer their time, insights, guidance, and connections, and work with us to bring the world’s best and brightest to our shores.
Launched in 2009, the BESydney Ambassador Program today includes more than 90 influential leaders including the patron The Hon. Mike Baird, MP.
Click here to highlight photos from the evening.
And below watch our latest videos we launched on the night celebrating the bright minds we are honoured to call friends.
BESydney Ambassador Professor Michael Boyer AM - Chris O'Brien Lifehouse
BESydney Ambassador Professor Susan Scott - Department of Quantum Science, ANU
BESydney Ambassador The Hon. Warwick Smith AM, Chairman, NSW and ACT, Senior Managing Director & ANZ Banking Group Ltd China Board