INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Are you motivated by helping grow the economy and create lasting impacts for NSW and Australia in the Science, Engineering and Infrastructure sectors? Are you curious, globally-minded and driven by relationships?
In partnership with a range of stakeholders across industry, government and academia, Business Events Sydney is a not-for-profit company that secures world-class business events of strategic interest for Australia.
As the Industry Engagement Manager in our Science, Engineering and Infrastructure team, you will identify and develop partnerships with national organisations and help them secure global events from these sectors to Sydney. You will report to the Head of Science, Engineering and Infrastructure and will be able to demonstrate:
- 2 years’ business development/relationship management experience
- Broad insight/interest in the commercial drivers, developments, trends and policies in these sectors
- A network of contacts, or demonstrated ability to establish contacts, across industry, government and academia
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience liaising with senior people across industry, government and academia
- A curious and solution-driven mindset with an ability to ‘build the puzzle’
- Good project management and time management skills
- A basic understanding of international bidding with a ‘can-do’ and ‘client-focused’ attitude
- Social media and Salesforce experience preferable.
At Business Events Sydney, we value our people and provide an excellent work / life balance.
Please send your CV, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. CV’s will be kept on file for potential future opportunities. Only those with the right to work in Australia may apply.