Are you motivated by the prospect of playing a role to grow the economy and create lasting impacts for NSW and Australia within the Science, Engineering and Infrastructure sectors? Are you curious, globally-minded and driven by relationships? Are you a strategic thinker, motivated by unearthing and progressing new business opportunities? Are you able to unite diverse stakeholders for a common cause, often over many years?
Business Events Sydney is a not-for-profit company, funded by the NSW Government and private sector stakeholders, that secures world-class business events of strategic interest and value for Australia. Our globally connected people provide customised specialist bidding services, partnering with a diverse range of public and private sector stakeholders. Many events we secure are held within the brand new International Convention Centre Sydney, the most advanced in the world.
As the Industry Engagement Manager within our Science, Engineering and Infrastructure team, you will play a key role to identify and help secure global events from these sectors to Sydney. Reporting to the Head of Science, Engineering and Infrastructure within the Bidding Department, you will be able to demonstrate:
- 5 years’ research experience plus international business development or sales experience within a B2B environment
- Broad insight, knowledge and interest in the commercial drivers, policies and latest research and development across these industry sectors
- A network of contacts across business, government and academia, or demonstrated ability to build such contacts
- Excellent relationship management skills with experience and maturity engaging and influencing senior, and diverse, business and government figures
- Good project management and time management skills
- A basic understanding of operating within a global business environment, and of the event bid process, with a ‘can-do’ and ‘client-focused’ mindset
- A strategic, curious and solutions driven mindset with an ability to ‘build the puzzle’
- Interest in broad national and global cultural, business and social trends
- A basic understanding of the government and not-for-profit sectors
- Social media and Salesforce experience preferable.
At Business Events Sydney, we value our people and provide an excellent work / life balance.
Please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, to Victoria Robins. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. CV’s will be kept on file for potential future opportunities. Only those with the right to work in Australia may apply.