Now open the International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) is destined to be Asia Pacific’s premier business and cultural events precinct, showcasing Sydney to the world through its convention, exhibition and entertainment venues.
We are currently looking to recruit a world-class Event Planner to play a vital role in our Event Services Team to coordinate the assigned events and assist with the service of all ICC Sydney clients in the event planning process. This challenging role is a unique opportunity to play a part in building the brand of Australia’s most important business and entertainment events precinct.
- Assist Event Planning Manager, and Director of Event Services in the preparation of departmental policies and procedures, event guidelines, process maps and services manuals during pre-opening.
- Coordinate assigned events and assist with the service of all ICC Sydney clients in the event planning process.
- Plan and coordinate all arrangements related to assigned groups to ensure the success of the event and promote repeat business.
- Identify and communicate the needs of the customer to other internal departments to ensure proper service throughout the Centre’s operation for assigned groups.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new innovations, improvements to processes, and improvements or upgrades to existing ICC Sydney products and services.
- Ideally bring extensive event planning experience in large event, convention exhibition & multi venue coordination capacity.
- Preferably possess 3 to 5 years’ experience within a similar style role managing 1000+ attendee events.
- Be an adept Event Planner with a proven track record in delivering a first class service.
- Have planning and stakeholder engagement experience, inordinate attention to detail and respect for both protocol and deadlines.
- Be experienced in a pre-opening environment and have the ability to deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment.
- Have experience using an Event Management System such as Ungerboeck or similar.
Additionally, you will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, a demonstrated commitment to your career and the desire to be part of one of Sydney’s largest and most innovative projects. To succeed, you will have a passion for getting results, be resilient with strong customer service and communication skills and be able to establish good working relationships.
We welcome high achievers who are excited to take on new challenges and share their ideas. On-the-job training, development and exposure to an exciting work environment will give you the opportunity to work with great people, while earning a competitive salary and developing an amazing career.
To find out more about life at ICC Sydney, one of the world's most exciting business events and entertainment precincts, visit iccsydney.com/careers. Join us on the world stage!