Are you ready for a fabulous 2013? We are!
Welcome to 2013!
With the usual flurry of events, deadlines and the much anticipated announcement of the consortium to design, build and operate the new Sydney international convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct – 2012 sure ended with a bang!
And, with the new year just a few weeks old, we'd like to welcome you back to what will be a fabulous 2013. With the start of the new year comes fresh opportunities, as well as time to refresh and reflect – and the Business Events Sydney (BESydney) offices are abuzz with anticipation and energy as we open our doors for 2013!
2013 will be another great year for New South Wales (NSW) to showcase its business events prowess.
The State is getting ready to welcome an estimated 46,000 delegates, including:
- over 3,500 Chinese delegates for the Perfect China Leadership Seminar - an event estimated to be worth more than $20 million in economic impact (EI) to the NSW economy in July
- more than 7,000 world leaders in the field of lung cancer treatment and research for the 15th World Conference on Lung Cancer at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre in October
- and in November, Sydney will play host to over 1,000 delegates for the General Assembly of the International Federation and Council of Delegates of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
These are just some of the events secured by BESydney that will punctuate a busy calendar. Many of you are no doubt the driving forces behind some of these events!
Remember, BESydney is a full-service bureau that offers a diverse range of complimentary services through the entire event lifecycle. At whatever stage you are in the planning or delivery of an event, our expert team can assist you to deliver a spectacular NSW event:
- Professional bid management: our dedicated bid management team can become an extension of your bid committee. As you mount a bid for national or international conferences, our bid managers can bring to the table expert advice built on years of experience, a collection of insights and the capacity to develop tailored and competitive bid documents and strategies.
- Venue, accommodation and activity finding services: send the team from AccessNSW a request for proposal (RFP) and let us do the leg-work scouring the hundreds of high-quality Sydney and NSW suppliers to find the best options for your event size, style and budget.
The times, they are a changing as the saying goes, and 2013 is certainly going to herald the end of an era as we say farewell to the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre in December after a hugely successful 25-year innings. It will also be the beginning of a new chapter in Sydney's story as Australia's global city, as the development of ICC Sydney and Darling Harbour Live commences, and other major infrastructure developments, including Glebe Island Expo, begin to come online.
BESydney will keep you updated on developments around the city, so stay tuned over the coming months.
Our city is building for the future, but that doesn't mean we've lost our capacity to deliver world-class events. Sydney is still well and truly open for business!
Let me take this opportunity to remind you of the myriad of CBD hotels offering innovative meeting packages and flexible spaces; the dedicated events venues, each with their unique aesthetic, high-quality culinary offerings and often spectacular views; the interim exhibition facility at Glebe Island; and the regional venues that could breathe fresh air into annual events. Additionally, the city's venues and suppliers are coming together like never before to provide collaborative multi-venue solutions for your events. Sydney's ability to respond to the ever-changing landscape is its strength and the reason we are still Australia's leading business events destination. This is also a great opportunity for you to explore fresh venue alternatives. Sydney has something for every event size, style and budget – just ask us about the range of options available for your next event.
We look forward to working with you in 2013 to enhance your event success in Sydney and NSW – Australia's leading business events destinations! Remember, Sydney is definitely open for business throughout 2014-2016.